Monday, July 1, 2013

Where did June go?

Feels good to be back! 
It's been way too long, and I've been way too busy! Have you ever felt like nothing is going your way? That has been the past few days for me. With the exception of the excitement of picking our wedding date and booking our venue, things in other areas of my life have been less easy! But that's life, right?

So to ease back into it all, I'll do a little photo recap of my trip to Key West! My family and I went to visit my brother who is doing a summer internship there. Lucky guy gets to live in paradise for the entire summer. We flew into Miami and drove 4 hours all the way down to the bottom of he keys. If you've never been there, the drive is amazing! I'm not one for a long car ride, but when you're surrounded by beautiful blue water on both sides of the road,  it's a little more manageable. We spent 4 sunshine filled days exploring the island, eating everything in sight, and getting tan - sounds pretty awesome when I explain it like that!
1.) My new favorite tropical drink - a Key Lime Colada! Piña colada mixed with key lime liqueur!
2.) Willie T's bar filled from wall to wall to ceiling with dollar bills!
3.) A beautiful black and white church surrounded by gorgeous orange flowering trees!
4.) Beach bumming it - my favorite past time.
5.) Key Lime pie at Blue Heaven.
6.) Side profile of a slice of Key Lime pie at Blue Heaven!
7.) Just a casual iguana hanging by the pool.
8.) I could get used to this scenery!
9.) I've seen tons of palm trees in my travels, they never get old.
10.) Found some time to admire my sparkle in the sun!
11.) Pool bumming it - my other favorite past time.
12.) Some poolside wedding planning!
13.) Admiring some natives at the butterfly conservatory.
14.) Southernmost Beach
15.) Big brother!
16.) Key West sunsets are gorg.

If you have a chance to get there, it's a beautiful place to see! And the cool part, it's right here in the good old U.S. of A! Can't go wrong.

Things to do/see in Key West:
The Southernmost point in the continental U.S. - 90 miles from Cuba!
The Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory
The Ernest Hemmingway House
Duval Street shopping and dining

Places to eat in Key West:
Blue Heaven
Santiago's Bodega
Mangoes
Columbian Grace
La Creperie
Cuban Coffee Queen

That's all for today folks. The end of a vacation always means back to reality which is never an easy transition - I like to refer to it as post-vacation lows. Back to your regularly scheduled programming tomorrow and a wedding update on Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. I just got back from Key West on Thursday! We had so much fun!! It was my first time, but I will definitely be back. My trip can be summed up pretty much the same as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to the Keys a few times since I live in Orlando and it's beautiful! Those drinks look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such a fun time in Key West- I hope the things that aren't going your way that you mentioned shape up! They always seem to do :) I've been to Florida several times growing up. Not Key West, places like Marco Island, Naples, Orlando, Cocoa Beach, etc. and have loved it! It's definitely a beautiful state.

    http://www.kayliwanders.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue Heaven's eggs benedict and lobster omelets are the best. I love Key West, I've been there seven times!

    ReplyDelete