Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Honeymooners!

We made some big strides this past week in the wedding planning world! 
More specifically, the part that comes AFTER the wedding.

OUR HONEYMOON IS BOOKED!

I say that in all caps because I'm both excited and relieved that we finally got it all figured out! I have mentioned before, we decided that we wanted to really take a once in a lifetime (but hopefully not) kind of trip for our honeymoon. I can't tell you how many people have said to us - do it now, because if you don't you never will! I don't know if that's necessarily true for us, but I'll use it as an excuse regardless!

My dream trip for as long as I can remember? Staying in an overwater hut in Bora Bora! 
So what does my fantastic fiancé tell me the day after we get engaged? 
We're going to Tahiti!!!

I've spent the last couple of weeks researching the multiple islands and resorts of French Polynesia, hashing out the details, setting a budget, getting quotes from multiple sources, organizing travel plans - the list goes on! But I'm so so happy to say that it's finally booked, the deposit is placed, and we can officially look forward to celebrating our new titles of Mr. and Mrs. in the most picturesque place ever.

Just a little preview - we'll be spending the first few nights of our trip in a private beach villa on the island of Taha'a at the Le Taha'a Island Resort and Spa! Then we'll be jetting off to spend the remainder of our honeymoon on Bora Bora in an overwater bungalow at the Intercontinental Bora Bora Resort and Thalasso Spa!

Both of these resorts were chosen very carefully.
There are so many great ones to choose from, especially on Bora Bora!

Le Taha'a Island Resort and Spa - Beach Villa
Intercontinental Bora Bora Resort and Thalasso Spa - Diamond Overwater Bungalow

Heaven on earth? I think yes!

Ever since my study abroad experience in college, I've had quite a serious case of wanderlust, so this trip is something I'm really looking forward to sharing with Peter! Nothing to do but relax, take in the beautiful views of the islands, swim with the abundant sea life, paddle board, kayak, but most importantly, unwind and enjoy being married!

Snorkeling in Punta Cana, 2011

I kind of consider myself an expert now considering all of the research and reading I did for this trip - so if you have any questions feel free to just ask! I'd be happy to help & wouldn't want all of this info in my head to not be shared with fellow travelers.
 

3 comments:

  1. AHHH THIS IS GOING TO BE SO AMAZING!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to have to save all that for whenever I get married

    ReplyDelete