Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What's in a song?

Happy Wedding Wednesday!

If there's anything that can get me back into the swing of blogging, it's talking about my wedding. Over the past few weeks, planning our day has been a source of distraction and joy for me, which has been a welcome change!

Things are coming together and I couldn't be happier about it! 
The Knot tells me we have 325 days to go... but who's counting.

There has been one thing heavily weighing on my mind as we plan.
Our first dance song.
Peter and I never really had "a song" that felt like ours, which hasn't made selecting our first dance song easy! There are so many songs that we love, but then there is 1 line in the song that throws it all off. Basically, I'm looking for it to be 100% perfect. Good thing I started this search early.

Here are some songs I just love. 
Peter told me to give him some options and he'll pick from them - aka - you do all the dirty work and I'll just nod my head and agree with you.


1.) All of Me - John Legend
This is currently my front runner. Not only do I love John's voice, but I also love everything about this song. Does it hurt that he wrote it for his beautiful and hilarious wife Chrissy Teigen who also stars in the video...nope. 



2.) Forever Like That - Ben Rector
I've recently discovered his music and gosh am I in love. The lyrics of this song are just so perfect and I could easily apply them to us as a couple.



3.) Make You Feel My Love - Adele
This is a popular first dance song, and I've got to admit, I love Adele's version. There is one little line - "I know you haven't made your mind up yet" - that just irks me! But I'll let her stay in the running for now - even though this video is super depressing.



4.) I Choose You - Sara Bareilles
You can't really go wrong with Sara. My favorite line - "my whole heart, will be yours forever, this is the beautiful start, to a life long love letter" Swoon.



5.) Just The Way You Are - Billy Joel
Had to throw in an oldie to the mix. My parents were big Billy Joel fans, so I heard his music a lot growing up and this is one of my favs. It also happens to be my future in-laws first dance song!



Tough decision, right? And who knows, maybe something will come out before next August that will just take the cake.

So what do you think?
What's your first dance song?



5 comments:

  1. Great choices! I like the first and the last ones best :) Ours is "I just call you mine" by Martina McBride :) Good luck with your song choices!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a beautiful song by Martina, great choice!!

      Delete
  2. I love all of these choices! I feel like revealing our first dance song is a bit taboo, but it definitely has a Hawaiian feel which should clue you in a bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make You Feel My Love is one of my favorite songs ever!

    ReplyDelete