Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Recipe : Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread!

Confession : I DO NOT like pumpkin spice anything.

Personally, I think pumpkin spice lattes taste like feet.
And don't even get me started on the time I was in Starbucks and I witnessed the person in front of my order one, iced...
As you all know, pumpkin spice everything sort of takes over the grocery store the second fall weather hits - and I'm usually the one person avoiding all of them.

Take out the "spice" and leave just the pumpkin, and there are some things I can get on board with.
One of those things is my Mom's recipe for one of my favorite fall treats that I just made a massive batch of this past weekend! It's not overly pumpkiny, which is what I love about it!
I give you:

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread with Butter Glaze! 
*makes 3 full size foil loaf pans OR 5 mini size foil loaf pans*

Ingredients for bread:
3  1/2 cups flour
1  1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. nutmeg
3 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
4 large eggs
1 cup oil
1 small 15oz can pumpkin
12 oz. bag mini chocolate chips
2/3 cup water

In a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients: flour, salt, nutmeg, sugar, baking soda, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, oil, water, and pumpkin. Combine dry ingredients into the wet and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Divide into greased loaf pans.

Bake at 350° for 1 to 1 1/2 hours (for 3 large loaves) or 45 minutes (for 5 mini loaves),
or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Let bread cool before you glaze it!

Ingredients for glaze:
1/2 cup butter
2 cups 10x sugar
1  1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Heat butter until brown. Add sugar and vanilla. Stir in 2 to 4 tablespoons water. Spread over loaves and cool!

ENJOY!


 I doubled the recipe and made 6 loaves of it this past weekend and handed most of them out as treats! I think it's safe to say it's a hit because they are ALL eaten and gone.

Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. What? A blogger who doesn't like pumpkin spice? How can that be? Hehe. But this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete