Monday, January 27, 2014

Fashion Police - GRAMMY Awards 2014!

Well hello again Monday!

Hope everyone has another fabulous weekend, the last of January 2014! Can you believe it?

I'm not sure where this past month has gone but boy did it go fast.

Last night was a big night for TV. Either you were watching the GRAMMYs or the televised wedding of Bachelor couple Sean and Catherine - or set your DVR to record both and plan on watching one today! I chose to watch the GRAMMYs last night and as always was not disappointed. I love that the performances are original and bring together artists that wouldn't normally work together.

But of course before all the musical moments that happened during the show came the red carpet! I had a hard time coming up with "worsts" for this show because I think for the most part, the stars looked great! You've got to remind yourself that this IS the GRAMMY awards, which call for more fun, daring, and unique fashion choices!

Here are my picks for the BEST DRESSED of the GRAMMY Red Carpet!


 Miranda Lambert in Pamella Roland
Although she chose a very simplistic red plunge gown, I don't think Miranda has ever looked better! She lost quite an amount of weight recently, but she is still curvy and healthy looking and I thought she looked like a total bombshell in red.

 Ciara in Emilio Pucci
This must be the year for pregnant women to look amazing on the red carpet because Ciara is no exception. I picked Olivia Wilde as my absolute favorite from the Golden Globes because she was super pregnant but managed to look sexy and stunning. I think Ciara did the same for the GRAMMYs and is already embracing that bump!

 Alicia Keys in Armani PrivĂ©
I feel like Alicia is one of those artists who is getting better with age. She looked gorgeous last night in one of my favorite shades of blue and as always I'm loving the shorter edgy hair on her!

 Chrissy Teigen in Johanna Johnson
I love everything about Chrissy Teigen. She's drop dead gorgeous, she can cook, and she is hilarious on all forms of social media. She's really the total package! Last night, for me, she was one of the best of the red carpet on the arm of her handsome hubby, John Legend. How many of you swooned when he sang the song he wrote about her during the show and the spotlight was on her? TOO cute.

 Giuliana Rancic in Alex Perry
Giuliana was one of the first people I saw on the red carpet, for obvious reasons since she was hosting it! This is one of my favorite looks I've seen on her in a while. I was quite surprised when I saw this dress this morning on my computer because on my TV last night it looked red but on my computer it's looking more orange. Whatever it is, I like it!

 Pink in Johanna Johnson
Did you see Pink's performance? She never ever disappoints! I was out of breath just watching her do all the amazing acrobatics that she does all while still singing live! She is such a powerhouse and for me the definition of a true musical artist. I also LOVED her red carpet look and thought it was so great to see her in such a feminine look. The detail on this dress gave her quite a gorgeous figure!

 Katy Perry in Valentino
Oh Katy, my girl crush! For me, she always brings so much fun to the red carpet. You really never know what you're going to get from her, but it's always something unique, inventive, and 100% her. This Valentino dress was PERFECT for her and for the GRAMMYs. She looked like she was a musical fairy floating down the carpet and I for one loved it. And if you didn't catch a glimpse of her hair on the carpet, she was rocking the most amazing bun I've ever seen!

Taylor Swift in Gucci
Here she is again on one of my best dressed lists, which I always seem to find shocking. Whoever Taylor hired as her stylist has been knocking it out of the park, but for me, last night was one of my favorite looks for her I've ever seen. This Gucci gown was to die for and every time they showed her in the audience (with her horrible dance moves) I couldn't take my eyes off of it! And the dress she wore for her performance was equally as beautiful on her - kudos to you T. Swift!

...and here are MY PICKS for WORST DRESSED of the GRAMMY Red Carpet!

 Ariana Grande in Dolce and Gabbana
Although the dress isn't that awful, I don't think it was a good choice for the GRAMMYs. Mostly, I picked her mostly for that damn awkward side half ponytail she seems to always have attached to her head. We get it, you're a young star, but you're giving people the impression that you're 12 rather than 20.

 Paris Hilton in Haus of Milani
I still don't really know why she was there, but apparently she's got a new CD coming out soon - mark your calendars! I hated this dress on her from the turtleneck all the way down to the bottom. If you cut this dress into a shorter length, it reminds me of something we'll be seeing from the figure skaters at the Olympics next month.

 Beyonce in Michael Costello
This was tough because I am one of the many who just loves Beyonce. I hated this dress on her but more importantly, I was having a really hard time focusing on anything but her wet poodle inspired hair the entire night. That and the fact that the thong she was wearing during her performance with Jay-Z never once rode up her butt. That being said, her body looked amazing - I'm just not a fan of this dress on her AT ALL.

 Sara Bareilles in Blumarine
Here's another girl crush alert for me. I think Sara Bareilles is awesome and so talented! Her performance of Brave with the legendary Carole King was one of my favorites of the night. But I just wasn't feeling this dress on her. I give her kudos for the cool pop of color in her shoes and her Katniss inspired hair, but the feathery detailing on the dress just wasn't doing it for me.

 Skylar Grey in Michael Costello
I didn't even know there was a such thing as flesh colored leather, and then to turn it into a dress is just wrong. Kelly Osbourne called this "stunning" on the red carpet but I wasn't getting that vibe at all and thought she more or less resembled a naked barbie doll.

 Pharrell Williams in a Vivienne Westwood hat
Although he's the only male I chose to talk about on this list - his fashion choices could not go unnoticed. First of all - you're a millionaire and you're up for tons of awards tonight, get a freaking tux. Or really even just a nice suit jacket. Or anything but this Adidas track jacket. And that hat, which had to be one of the most talked about accessories of the night, looks like something he robbed off of a state police officer. I get it, you're quirky, but this was just bad.


So there you have it, my picks for the best and worst of GRAMMY fashion!

It's so hard to pick a favorite performance from the show because in reality I liked so many of them! The one that stands out the most for me though is Macklemore and Ryan Lewis' performance of "Same Love" featuring Mary Lambert, Queen Latifah, and Madonna. If you didn't see it, it was truly touching and actually brought tears to my eyes (along with tons of other weepy celebs in the audience)! So powerful to see 33 real life couples - straight and gay - be pronounced husband and wife during the performance! 

Obviously, it pissed quite a few people off, and everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions - but I think this was really well done and truly beautiful! Take a look for yourself...


What did you think of the GRAMMYs last night - from the fashion to the performances to the winners?

1 comment:

  1. I love Macklemore. I support gay marriage. But Queen Latifah's rushed speech left me all... What just happened?!

    ReplyDelete